We want to wrap up our third week of distance learning by celebrating the progress we have all made as a community to bring virtual instruction to life for your students. Students and families have been regularly accessing weekly curricular content and communications through our Sumner Connect site.
Our K-5 students are even more actively engaged in ELA and math learning (up to 3 hours per day) through the Great Minds On the Go Website. Finally, teachers have enjoyed connecting with students for additional support during their daily Office Hours.
During Week 4, students will:
● Continue with their designated progression of lessons in math
● Continue with their designated reading and writing ELA lessons
● Engage in new extracurricular activities in music, art, and STEM
● Participate in daily physical fitness activities
● Share work and/or assignments with their teacher for feedback
Please remember that you can always contact your child’s teacher or our administrative team with any questions or concerns, and you can expect a response within 24 hours. We truly appreciate your continued partnership as we work to continuously improve our approach to distance learning and make sure that our students and families have everything they need during these challenging times.
We are all in this together!
Mel Sawyers Principal
Theresa Dowell Fuqua Assistant Principal
1018 S. Water Ave
Gallatin, TN 37066
More information to come...