During the 2015-2016 school year, Guild Elementary implemented The 5 Houses of Guild. This system separates faculty/staff and students into small groups (Houses) within the larger school community. This fosters pride, responsibility, and respect for the contributions of others. This endeavor has several purposes.
- To build and promote community across the grade levels and throughout the school
- To encourage positive behavior
- To strive to meet high academic expectations
- To teach students to take ownership of their role in the community
- To promote a positive mindset within our school climate
This endeavor is about empowering our students to believe in themselves and set high expectations for their future. By modeling and supporting positive choices and strong character traits students took more pride and ownership in their learning and academic progress. Our motto is "Where will you go to College?” Now our students see an educational future outside of high school. This year was our 1st annual Gator Walk. GHS Seniors and Lifetime Guild Gators returned one last time to walk Guild’s halls in their cap and gown. This sent a powerful message to our GES students who all now aspire to return for their Gator Graduate Walk. The 5 Houses of Guild is the structure that supports the mindset of long-term educational goals and creates a school culture where everyone believes they can succeed.
During the 2016-2017 school year, we will continue to grow and strengthen our House system.
Phase 2 includes-
* Establishing a House Council-This council will be comprised of 25-5th graders. Each House will be represented in each classroom. The council members will serve as leaders and mentors to other students within their House throughout the school.
* Implementation of “The 5 Houses of Guild Guide 25”-The 5 House of Guild chairs collaboratively developed "The Guild Guild 25". This set of 25 essential behaviors is what our Guild students should exhibit daily. These behaviors are directly connected to earning House points and showing House pride.
* House Pride Fridays-Every Friday, faculty, staff, and students will wear their House shirt or House color. This is such an important addition. The faculty, staff, and students become better aware of who shares their House. It also instills in our students a sense of price and better focus and effort thus ending the school week strong.